Venus Optics announced the Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO Lens for Canon RF mount cameras. The US price of the bright prime lens is $499. The Canon RF mount model will start shipping from Mid May. Venus Optics lenses are sold at Adorama and B&H. Continue reading “Laowa Argus 33mm f/0.95 CF APO Lens for Canon RF Mount”
Canon has announced two new telephoto prime lenses for the RF mount. The RF 400mm F2.8L IS USM and 600mm F4L IS USM have the same optical makeup as their EF-mount equivalents, with 17 elements in 13 groups, including one Super UD and two fluorite special elements, along with Super Spectra and Air Sphere coatings.
The minimum focus distance on the 400mm F2.8 is 2.5m (8.2 ft) and 4.2m (13.8 ft) on the 600mm F4. The maximum magnifications are 0.17x and 0.15x, respectively. Both support Canon’s RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters.
As with all L-series lenses, the 400 and 600 are rugged and weather-sealed, and have a fluorine coating on the front element to repel oil and water.
Canon’s new RF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM lens is the company’s first RF-mount lens designed for close-up photography. The optical image stabilisation (IS) system provides up to 8-stops on the 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens when used with the Canon EOS R5 or R6 and the in-body image stabilisation. The Macro lens also offers up to 1.4x magnification, which Canon say is a Worlds first for an AF macro lens on full-frame cameras.
The Canon RF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM will start shipping in July with a price tag of $1,399. Check availability at B&H, Adorama. Continue reading “New Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, Price : $1,399”
Canon has revealed the first details of its high-end EOS R3 full-frame mirrorless camera. Along with the Canon EOS R3 development announcement, the company also unveiled the previously rumored three new RF lenses :
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens: $11,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM Lens: 12,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
The Canon R3 will feature a new Canon-developed back illuminated stacked CMOS sensor, DIGIC X imaging processor, 30fps burst shooting with AF/AE tracking, an integrated grip design with professional levels of weather-proofing, Canon’s most advanced autofocusing system ever, an innovative new autofocus Eye Control Function, and compatibility with Canon’s Mobile File Transfer smartphone app.
- Canon adds 100mm macro and 400mm and 600mm super teles to RF lens line
- Canon launches 3 new RF prime lenses: hands-on review with David Bergman
- Canon reveals EOS R3 mirrorless camera in development
- Canon EOS R3 press release
Canon EOS R3 additional information:
- Full-Frame Stacked BSI CMOS Sensor
- Eye Control AF, Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Subject Tracking with Deep Learning
- Continuous Shooting Up to 30 fps
- Pre-orders: Adorama | B&H