According to recent rumors, Canon aims to reclaim the top spot in the full-frame camera market with the EOS R5 Mark II, pushing specs for both stills and video. One exciting rumor claims the camera could shoot 8K RAW video at up to 60fps. This massive frame rate boost would require additional power and cooling – which Canon may address with their patented external cooling accessory seen in recent patents.
While details about the EOS R5 Mark II’s specifications are still scarce, it is unlikely to see a substantial increase in resolution. The current 45-megapixel resolution is considered by many to be the sweet spot, striking an optimal balance between image quality and file size.
If you are asking about the official announcement date for Canon EOS R5 Mark II, it won’t happen until early 2024, potentially ahead of the CP+ show in February, prototypes are said to be in the hands of Canon’s test photographers.
Rumored Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications
- 62mp Stacked CMOS Image Sensor
- Variable resolution of 62mp, 31mp, 15.5mp
- 8K recording up to 60fps internally
- 4K recording up to 120fps internally
- DIGIC X2s Processor
- Dual CFexpress Type-B Card Slots
- Eye control autofocus
- A revised variable angle LCD panel
- 5.76m-DOT 120fps EVF
- Multi-function hot shoe
- New battery, but same form as the LP-E6
- New button layout and controls
- Launch of new Canon camera app at the same time
- Projected February 2024 Announcement
Super hot Canon deals !!
- Canon EOS R5 Body – $500 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon EOS R6 Body – $300 off – at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
|Canon EOS R5 Body||$500 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R5 w/ RF 24-105mm F4 L||$200 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R6 Body||$300 Off||Amazon|
|Canon EOS R6 w/ RF 24-105mm F4L||$200 Off||Amazon|
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!