Canon has released the new firmware version 1.7.1 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR camera that fixes several issues.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Update Version 1.7.1 incorporates the following fixes:
- [Save/load communication settings to card] has been added to the menu. Network settings can now be inherited between cameras of the same model.
- You can now trim and resize images while transferring them to the FTP server.
- Corrected the phenomenon that some cameras that meet certain conditions may not turn on immediately after updating to firmware version 1.7.0.
- Fixed minor bugs.
You can download Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmware 1.7.1 here.
Canon has released the new firmware version 1.6.2 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR camera that fixes several issues.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Firmware Update Version 1.6.2 incorporates the following fixes:
1. Fixes an issue that, in rare cases, displays an Error Code 70 after the camera has been connected to a network for a prolonged period of time.
2. Fixes minor issues.
If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.6.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
You can download Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmware 1.6.2 here.
Here is a real-world Canon R3 review against the Canon 1D X III and R5.
Camnostic updated its comprehensive Canon EOS R3 review to help R5 and 1DX III shooters make upgrade decisions. Recently added are video aspects and comparisons to the new Sony and Nikon flagships, as well as the R5C.
Should 1DX III Shooters Upgrade?
In short, yes – if you think 30 frames per second, more megapixels and significantly improved ergonomics matter enough to cover the <$1,000 difference between a new R3 and a used 1DX III.
Should I Upgrade If I Own the R5?
Probably not, but maybe. The extra $3,000 would buy you a camera with about half the resolution. The R3 does beat the R5 significantly in super-low-light circumstances. Its autofocus capabilities are better, but not demonstrably in most situations.
The US price for Canon EOS R3 is $5999 and available atAmazon | B&H Photo |Adorama.
Here are some hands-on review videos of Canon EOS R3. You can also see our free Canon EOS R3 in Stock Tracker and watch official Canon EOS R3 sample images.
Best Lenses for Canon EOS R3 | Best Memory Cards for Canon EOS R3 | New Canon ST-E10, DM-E1D, AD-E1 Accessories Continue reading “Canon R3 Review Against R5, R5C, 1DX III”
It is now confirmed by a Canon executive that the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will be the last DSLR from Canon. Canon will end the development and production of its DSLR cameras, including the flagships, by transforming manufacturing to produce mirrorless systems only.
asobinet.com broke the news reporting an interview with a Canon exec, Canon’s Chairman and CEO Fujio Mitarai. In the interview. Mr Fujio Mitarai states that the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III will be Canon’s last flagship DSLR. The future belongs to mirrorless: Continue reading “Confirmed : EOS-1D X Mark III is the Last DSLR from Canon”
Canon released previously announced firmware updates for EOS R5, R6 and 1D X Mark III. Canon’s new EOS R5 (v1.5.0), EOS R6 (v1.5.0) and 1D X Mark III (v1.6.0) Firmware now Available for Download.
You find all the details and download links of this major Canon firmware update below : Continue reading “Canon EOS R5 (v1.5.0), EOS R6 (v1.5.0) and 1D X Mark III (v1.6.0) Firmware Updates Released”
Canon officially announced the new firmware version 1.50 for EOS R5 & R6 and firmware version 1.60 for EOS-1D X Mark III mirrorless cameras. The new firmware updates scheduled to be released on December 2, 2021.
You find all the details and download links of this major Canon firmware update below. Continue reading “Canon Announces New Firmware Updates for EOS R5, R6 & EOS-1D X Mark III”
Canon has released the new firmware version 1.5.0 for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR camera to add the Canon Log 3, simultaneous movie recording on 2 card slots, VPG 400 profile, and more.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III firmware 1.5.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes :
1. Adds [Canon Log 3] to [Canon Log settings].
• Support for RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and RAW (Light) will be available in a future version of Cinema RAW Development and in Digital Photo Professional software.
• Support for the processing of RAW movies shot with Canon Log 3 and the application of Viewing LUT will be available in a future version of Digital Photo Professional software.
2. Simultaneous movie recording on card 1 and card 2 has been added, however RAW movies and RAW(Light) movies cannot be recorded simultaneously on card 1 and card 2.
3. Support for the VPG 400(Video Performance Guarantee Profile), a standard based on the CFexpress 2.0 specification, has been added.
4. Fixes an issue in which there are rare instances where the shooting settings for Still Photo mode are retained when a user switches to Movie mode.
Canon released a minor firmware update for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.
Firmware Version 1.1.8 (EOS-1D X Mark II and firmware version 1.3.2 (EOS 5D Mark IV) incorporate the following fix:
- Improves the camera’s connection compatibility to a PC while using a USB 3.0 or higher compatible cable.
- Firmware Version 1.1.8 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.1.7. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.8, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download the latest Canon EOS-1D X Mark II firmware here.
Download the latest Canon EOS 5D Mark IV firmware here.