Canon EOS R5 C Tested By Automotive Hybrid-shooting Content Creators. The US price for EOS R5 C body is $4,499, now available for pre-order at Amazon/B&HPhoto/Adorama .
The video comes from Canon Europe :
[…] Lee Brimble and @Stuart Morgan Productions put the Canon EOS R5 C to the test and share their first impressions. Lee and Stuart are two of the leading automotive content creators in the UK. Lee is a hybrid “stills-first” shooter capturing high-level stills but also has a huge demand for high-quality video for his needs. Stuart is a “video-first” shooter but also needs fantastic stills capability for his workflow.
Canon EOS R5 C Pre-order links:
Canon EOS R5 C at a glance:
- Two Cameras in One Body: Photo + Cinema
- 45MP Stills, Full-Frame 8K CMOS Sensor
- Photo/Video Switch Changes Settings Menu
- JPEG/C-RAW, 12-Bit Cinema RAW Light
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection
- CFexpress Type-B and SD UHS-II Slots
- Dual-Slot Record, Unlimited Record Time
- Timecode DIN Port, Multi-Function Shoe
- 4-Channel Audio Record with XLR Adapter
- 13 Reassignable Buttons
For all the wedding videographers, drone camera operators, and multimedia journalists who have professional photo still and cinema video production needs, get ready for a new type of shooting experience with the EOS R5 C Mirrorless Cinema Camera from Canon. With a simple switch, the R5 C is a full featured still photo camera with all the settings of the R5 EOS mirrorless camera. When switched in the other direction, it becomes a full-frame 8K60 Cinema EOS camera that internally records 12-bit Cinema RAW Light footage. There’s no more need to carry a second camera with you to your production when stills and video are available within a single compact design.
The R5 C enhances a number of features in comparison to its siblings the R5 and C70, including 4K120 recording, HDMI RAW output, Canon Log 3 HLG/PQ support, unlimited recording time, a timecode port, Dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection, an active cooling system, a high-power LP-E6NH battery, 13 reassignable buttons, and a multi-function shoe for XLR adapters. The camera also retains the reliable features of those cameras such as Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, footage compatibility with DaVinci Resolve and Canon apps, an electronic RF mount, CFexpress/SD card slots, a similar button layout, and more. The EOS R5 C is also moisture and dustproof to the same level as its cinema cousin, the EOS C70. And all this is packed into a tiny 1.7 lb body that is just asking to become your go-to drone camera.
Common Features & Technology as the EOS R5
Canon’s 45MP full-frame CMOS imaging sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5 C camera’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K60 RAW cinematic video shooting.
- Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5 C camera, providing impressive still-image continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split second movements of even the most elusive subjects
- With 1053 Automatic AF zones, it is easy to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face, and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eyes of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF
- For those with the need for speed, Canon has also included still-image vehicle subject detection to assist with accurate tracking of cars and motorcycles
- Connectivity like 5 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included for the transfer of still images