More rumored specs of the Canon EOS R5 Mark II have been leaked on the web. The second iteration model is expected to be announced before Canon EOS R1 (2024), most likely in Q2-Q3 2023.
According to the latest Canon rumors, this new camera will feature 61MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor, Dual DIGIC X processor with 8-stop IBIS.
Rumored Specs of EOS R5 Mark II
- New 61MP CMOS BSI sensor
- Dual DIGIC X processor
- 30 FPS electronic shutter with tracking / 12 FPS mechanical shutter
- Same 8-stop IBIS
- New High Resolution mode similar to pixel shift shooting found on Sony/Fujifilm
- 2x/4x/8x digital tele-convertor
- Same Dual Pixel CMOS AF II from Caon EOS R3 / Canon R6 Mark II
- Internal 8K 60p video recording (8K RAW video spec to be confirmed)
- Internal 4K 30p/60p/120p video recording (all by oversampling)
- FHD 240p video recording
- Focus breathing correction for video
- New overheat prevention design similar to EOS R6 Mark II, at least 40min for 8K video, and over
- 60 min for 4K video
- Dual CFexpress type B card slot
- Standard HDMI port
- Dual USB-C port
- 9.44M-dot EVF
- New design of vari-angle LCD monitor optimized for video shooting
- Launch time: 2023 Q2
- To be released before EOS R1
See also Updated Canon RF Lens Roadmap 2022-2023
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors and Canon News.