Here are new Canon rumors about Canon’s upcoming Cinema EOS RF mount cameras.
According to CR, due to the pandemic, the previous rumored Canon Cinema EOS C50 could be have a new name as Cinema EOS C5. On the other hand Canon may release both Cinema EOS C50 and C5 cameras in 2022. Below are latest rumored specs of Canon Cinema EOS C50 and Cinema EOS C5:
Canon Cinema EOS C50 Rumored Specs
- Super 35mm 4K sensor (same as the Cinema EOS C200)
- No IBIS
- RF Mount
- Internal ND (10 Stops)
- CLog 2 & CLog 3
- 4:2:0 8bit internally onto SD cards up to 4K60 & 1080/120
- 4:2:2: 10bit external in HD
- No RAW
- Dual LP-E6NH battery slot
Canon Cinema EOS C5 Rumored Specs
- The camera is a combination of the EOS R5 C and EOS C300 Mark III, similar in appearance to the EOS R5 C, but more square, with the electric ND filter of the EOS C300 III, the professional interface of the EOS C70, and an extended battery compartment.
- Its XF-AVC recording format is the same as the EOS C70, but it uses a modified version of the EOS R5 C’s CMOS sensor with a total of 22.5 megapixels.
- With a sampling resolution of 8192×2160, it is capable of perfect oversampling to 4K 120fps, making it Canon’s current 4K 120fps product with the best image quality.
- When the frame rate is reduced to 72fps or less, DGO mode is turned on to provide a higher dynamic range.
- Unlike the current EOS C70, it does not offer RAW recording for now.
- Full pixel QPAF, and RAW internal recording in subsequent firmware.
- In terms of photography, it no longer offers a mechanical shutter and is replaced by in-body stabilization.