Canon’s new RF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM lens is the company’s first RF-mount lens designed for close-up photography. The optical image stabilisation (IS) system provides up to 8-stops on the 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens when used with the Canon EOS R5 or R6 and the in-body image stabilisation. The Macro lens also offers up to 1.4x magnification, which Canon say is a Worlds first for an AF macro lens on full-frame cameras.
The Canon RF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM will start shipping in July with a price tag of $1,399. Check availability at B&H, Adorama.
RF 100mm f/2.8L MACRO IS USM
The lens has 17 elements in 13 groups, and uses a Super Spectra coating to reduce flare and ghosting. The lens’ autofocus system is powered by ‘Dual Nano USM’: two Nano USM linear motors ensure quick and silent focus, which afford a significant improvement over the ring-type USM drive found in the previous 100mm Macro. The lens also has a control ring for adjusting settings such as ISO and Exposure Compensation, and is threaded for 67mm filters.
- Worlds first AF macro lens with an incredible 1.4x magnification (1.4:1) capability [iii – with AF, for full-frame mirrorless]
- A variable Spherical Aberration Control ring can be used to adjust the subject softness and look of the Bokeh
- f/2.8 maximum aperture gives a shallow depth of field
- 9-blade circular aperture creates beautiful out of focus highlights (bokeh)
- Up to 5-stops optical IS (CIPA standard, using an EOS R) and up to 8-stops Combined IS using EOS R5 / EOS R6, with their in-body image stabiliser system
- Dual nano USM motors for smooth and fast AF
Both the Canon EOS R5 and the EOS R6 are super hot selling mirrorless cameras on the market. Canon EOS R5 in stock.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors and Canon News.