Here is an excellent guide of how to downgrade the firmware on a Canon camera. Hope this would be helpful for Canon Camera Users.
KH Cams published a video explaining the steps to downgrade or rollback your firmware for the Canon camera. He is using the Canon EOS R6 in this example (also work with the Canon EOS R5) and it can work with any canon camera. If you are wondering how to downgrade the firmware on a Canon Camera, here are the details :
Canon firmware downgrade instructions:
- Put firmware v1.5.0 on one SD card and v1.4.0 on another.
- Insert the SD card with 1.5.0 into the camera
- Go to the firmware update in the menu
- Press okay on the update, and as quickly as possible open the battery door on the camera or battery grip
- Insert the SD (Or CFExpress) card with firmware 1.4.0
- Close the battery door to turn the camera back on
- The camera will automatically start ‘updating’ from 1.5.0 to 1.4.0″
One thought on “How to Downgrade the Firmware on a Canon Camera ?”