According to the latest Canon rumors, Canon set to replace EOS R5 with two new models. As a result the replacement of Canon EOS R5 might bring the already rumored EOS R5 Mark II, and the high resolution model EOS R5S.
Rumored Specs of EOS R5 Mark II
- New 61MP CMOS BSI sensor
- Dual DIGIC X processor
- 30 FPS electronic shutter with tracking / 12 FPS mechanical shutter
- Same 8-stop IBIS
- New High Resolution mode similar to pixel shift shooting found on Sony/Fujifilm
- 2x/4x/8x digital tele-convertor
- Same Dual Pixel CMOS AF II from Caon EOS R3 / Canon R6 Mark II
- Internal 8K 60p video recording (8K RAW video spec to be confirmed)
- Internal 4K 30p/60p/120p video recording (all by oversampling)
- FHD 240p video recording
- Focus breathing correction for video
- New overheat prevention design similar to EOS R6 Mark II, at least 40min for 8K video, and over
- 60 min for 4K video
- Dual CFexpress type B card slot
- Standard HDMI port
- Dual USB-C port
- 9.44M-dot EVF
- New design of vari-angle LCD monitor optimized for video shooting
- Launch time: 2024 Q1
- To be released before EOS R1
CANON EOS R5S RUMORED SPECIFICATIONS
- Approximately 100MP full-frame CMOS image sensor
- Improved 5-Axis in-body Image Stabilization
- “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution (Perhaps like Fujifilm’s feature in the GFX 100?). Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
- The EVF will be larger and higher resolution than the Canon EOS R5
- Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
- No 8K video recording capability
- Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
- Price will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
- Dual card slots: SD (compatible with UHS-II), CFexpress type B
- LP-E6NH battery
- Built-in 5GHz Wi-Fi
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust-proof and splash-proof
- Announcement as early as Q4 of 2023
- Release in early 2024
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!