“Highly Recommended – light, compact, fast and delightful to use, delivering great results.”
The Canon RF 70-200 F4L IS USM is a standard telephoto zoom for the company’s full-frame mirrorless system. The lens is compact given its spec: it’s 119mm (4.7″) long and weighs in at 695g (1.5lbs). Here are the key features of the lens.
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Lens Key Features
- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- Four Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Air Sphere and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Customizable Control Ring
- Weather-Sealed Construction
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Pros
- Sharp and crisp at wide apertures
- Low central CA
- Impressively low vignetting
- Well-controlled distortion
- Fast, accurate and virtually silent focusing
- Excellent flare resistance
- Close focusing
- Light and compact
- Dust and moisture resistance
- Attractive price
Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Cons
- Sharpness falls off at small apertures
Conclusion from Ephotorfzine:
The new lens is very finely crafted and performs extremely well in the field, the wider apertures being especially crisp, which is great because such lenses are often used at wide apertures. That way higher shutter speeds can be employed and the ISO kept within reasonable bounds. Focusing is spot on, very fast and virtually silent. The lower weight and compact size mean less fatigue from carrying the lens all day. All these things add up to a really useful optic that produces some fine results.
Definitely Highly Recommended.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!