The RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM is designed to satisfy the demand for prime-level quality while reimagining the EF 300mm f/2.8 as a zoom lens. Its zoom range, constant aperture, robust construction, and stunning image quality make it primarily appealing to professionals and enthusiasts who specialize in sports photography, from indoor sports to motorsports.
One of the standout features of the RF 100-300mm F2.8L IS USM is its unparalleled flexibility. It has a super-compact design and is the lightest zoom lens in its class, weighing only 2.59kg. This compact size and performance are made possible thanks to the RF mount at the heart of the EOS R System. The RF mount enables the lens to maintain a constant f/2.8 fixed aperture throughout the zoom range while offering fast and accurate autofocus and tracking.
Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens at a Glance
Key features of the new Canon 100-300mm lens:
- 5.8 lbs (the lightest F2.8 lens with a 300mm focal length on the market)
- 9 circular aperture blades for bokeh
- Full-Frame | f/2.8 to f/22
- Fast L-Series Telephoto Zoom
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- 5.5-Stop Image Stabilization
- Floating Focus Design
- Internal Zoom and Focusing Design
- Function/Focus Preset Selector Switch
- Fluorite, UD, and Aspherical Elements
- SSC and Fluorine Coatings
- Weather-Sealed Design
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!