After the major Canon firmware updates; Canon EOS R6 Firmware Version 1.3.0 has been withdrawn due to a fatal error. As a result Canon just released the new firmware version 1.3.1 for the Canon EOS R6 to fix the bug.
Canon EOS R6 Firmware Version 1.3.1 incorporates the following fixes and enhancements:
- Adds [IPB (Light)] to 4K to enable lower bit rate shooting.
- Adds [Electronic full-time MF] to the AF tab of the menu. When a lens is attached, manual focus adjustment is always possible with both One-shot AF and Servo AF.
- The transfer time (estimated value) now displays on the camera monitor during FTP transfer.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which in rare instances, the camera cannot function normally when the drive mode is set to “High-speed continuous shooting” to shoot still images continuously.
- Fixes a phenomenon that may corrupt the image displayed in the viewfinder.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the power may become suspended when the camera is powered via USB for an extended period of time.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the camera stops to operate normally when the movie cropping setting is set to [Enable] for performing movie shooting in Firmware Version 1.3.0.
Firmware Version 1.3.1 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.3.0. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.3.1, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Download link: Canon EOS R6 Firmware Version 1.3.1
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Rumors