The latest reports suggest that in the first quarter of 2023, Canon will unveil a number of new products. One of them will be a RF mount APS-C mirrorless camera called “EOS R50”. It’s likely that the previously rumored “EOS R100” were referring to the new Canon EOS R50.
In terms of the naming scheme, it seems that this new camera to be the successor to the EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M). Expect several EF-M lenses will be replaced with RF-S lenses at the same time.
For the time being, neither the specs nor the expected announcement date are known. Canon EOS R50 might be unveiled at the CP+ Show 2023, which is scheduled for February.
Rumored Canon EOS R50 Specifications
- 24.2mp APS-C Sensor
- DIGIC X
- 12fps (Mechanical)
- Dual Pixel AF II
- 1.04 million dot Vari-Angle touch screen
- No EVF
- New accessories will launch with the camera, what they are is unknown at this time
The upcoming 5 Canon RF mount APS-C format mirrorless lenses that may be released in the future:
- Canon RF-S 22mm f/2 STM
- Canon RF-S 11-55mm f/4-4.5 IS STM
- Canon RF-S 55-250mm f/4.5-7.1 IS STM
- Canon RF-S 16-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- Canon RF-S 32mm f/1.4 STM
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!